PETER B. STEIN
Direct dial: (651) 602-3439
Admitted to the Bar: 1976, Minnesota.
Education: Wesleyan University (B.A., 1970); Georgetown University (J.D., 1975).
Listed in the "Best Lawyers in America" (c) 2014 and thereafter. Selected for inclusion in "Super Lawyers" list
each year since 1999. Court-appointed Chairman: Bankruptcy Practice
Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Minnesota.
Former Investigator/Committee Member: Second Judicial District State
Bar Ethics Committee.
Mr. Stein's practice emphasizes creditor's rights in bankruptcy, creditor's rights under the Uniform Commercial Code, commercial loan enforcement and workouts, litigation, general collections, and appellate practice in those areas.
Mr. Stein is a frequent speaker to lenders and presenter for
continuing legal education programs.
Recent publications and teaching experience include:
"Transferring SBA Guaranteed Loans: Opportunities and Risks " (2015 SBA Minnesota Lenders Conference);
"Receivables Financing: Dangers and Opportunities" (2014 SBA Minnesota Lenders Conference);
- “FDIC Lawsuits Against Officers and Directors” (M.C.L.E Banking Law Institute, 2013);
- "Tales of FDIC Lawsuits against Officers and Directors" (Minn I.C.B.M--2012);
- "The New Minnesota Statute on Receiverships and Assignments for Benefit of Creditors" (Minn. M.B. A.-- 2012);
- "What Every Banker Needs to Know About the Recent Changes to Article 9 of the UCC (Minn I.C.B.M Webcast--2012);
- "Workouts and Bank Regulation—Why Won't the Bank Work with Me?"
(M.C.L.E. Bankruptcy Law Institute, 2010);
- "Commercial Loan Workouts 2010" (M.C.L.E. Banking Law Institute, 2010);
"Bailout for the Financially Distressed Individual Debtor: A General Practitioner’s Guide to the Discharge in Bankruptcy and Related Concepts and Procedures” (M.C.L.E., 2008);
“Workouts, Liquidation and Bankruptcy 2006” (Center for Financial
Training, I.C.B.M., 2006).